The Echo Process
- At ECHO, your data security is key. The ECHO certification process begins with secure and safe transportation of used media to our facility.
- Tapes then undergo complete and thorough data eradication with overwrite of 100% of every track and byte of media.
- Every tape is validated with a complete read test to verify eradication of data.
- Following this process, tapes are put through rigorous testing on OEM drives to ensure zero permanent, zero gross and zero server track errors. That’s better than ANSI standards!
- Then tapes are cleaned, shrink-wrapped, and packaged in attractive ECHO brand packaging; and finally ECHO tapes are available to be purchased by you. That’s why we can offer a guarantee on every ECHO 100% Certified tape.
Not All Certified Tape is Created Equal
- Certified Tape Media - Certified tape media is simply magnetic tape media that is being reused. Currently, there are many definitions of what constitutes certified tape media. Different levels of testing exist to verify the condition of used tape media, and there is no one universal standard to which tape media is held to be considered certified.
- The ECHO Difference - Media can only be considered ECHO 100% Certified after having endured rigorous testing and having met ECHO’s strict standards of zero hard errors, zero fatal errors, and zero server track errors on each tape carrying the ECHO name.
- ECHO guarantees that every single track of data on every ECHO tape has been overwritten, read, and guaranteed free of such errors; setting an unmatched precedence for reliability.
The ECHO Guarantee
- ECHO warrants that ECHO 100% Certified Media is free of defects in both materials and workmanship and shall remain free of defects under normal use for the life of the product.
- This lifetime warranty is for the initial end-consumer purchaser of this product.
- ECHO 100% Certified tapes have been tested using the most exacting quality control standards possible and in the event a product fails, then ECHO will at its option replace the product or refund the full purchase price of any of its products that are found to be defective.